Acta Drupal 7 Version
The main purpose of the Acta Drupal 7 version is port design of 'Acta Drupal 5' theme into Drupal 7. Just install and follow the step-by-step guide and your simple but still good looking clean website is running within the hour.
Acta is a two column fixed design (optimized for width 960px).
News in 7.x
- Implement new adavnce cutting edge technology of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Less use of images in theme design. So it's become more light weight and excute fast then Drupal 5 version.
- New design for RSS tag.
Setting up a Drupal site involves many steps. This is some of the steps I usually go through when setting up a Drupal site with Acta Theme:
- Install Drupal 7.x
- Install Acta Theme (Put acta-folder in: sites/all/themes)
- Enable and make Acta default (admin/appearance)
- Edit theme settings (admin/appearance/settings/acta) - Add mission, slogan, etc.
- Edit site information (admin/config/system/site-information)
- Add Home to Main menu (admin/structure/menu/manage/main-menu/add)
If you want user pictures or signatures:
- Enable user pictures and/or signatures (admin/config/people/accounts)
- For Default picture use: /sites/all/themes/acta/images/no-pic.png
- Make user pictures in posts and/or user pictures in comments are enabled in theme settings (admin/appearance/settings/acta)
If you want a search engine on your site:
- Activate search module (admin/modules) or install the Search By Page module (http://drupal.org/project/search_by_page) which is a bit more sophisticated
- Edit search settings (admin/config/search/settings)
- Set permissions for search module (admin/people/permissions)
- Run cron to index search and active cron at your host or install the modele Poor mans cron if you host dosn't support cron
Tips & tricks
If you install a WYSIWYG editor like CK Editor. Don't forget to edit the settings for comment text format at (admin/structure/types/manage/article/comment/fields/comment_body)
Drupal 7 version of Acta is designed and developed by Shivcharan Patil of iTapplication.net for 'TheLion'.
Follow me at http://iTapplication.net